If you're experiencing issues recording video on your iPhone or iPad, or your recorded video has no sound, follow these steps.
PRO TIP: sometimes an iOS update will reset the permissions and require you to allow permissions again, even if they were working before.
To allow access to your camera and microphone in iOS Safari:
- Go to Settings > Safari > Camera
- Set it to 'Allow' or 'Ask'
- 'Allow' will always allow camera access to any website
- 'Ask' will ask for every new website that uses the camera & microphone
- Do the same steps for the Microphone menu item
You may need to quit and restart Safari for the new setting to take effect. In rare cases you may need to restart your iPhone or iPad.
You should now be able to record video, with sound, in iOS Safari. 🎉
If you have any issues with this, or this doesn't work for you, please contact us! 😀